Saturday, January 10, 2009

Channel Surfing.....

Rare day to spend a rainy afternoon alone. Chris is working (Lord, bless him today, I know he would rather be on the couch snoring.) the boys are off doing their thang. So its me and my faithful companion, Puck, the wonder dachshund. Anyway amid the Rifleman, the Jefferson's, the Hallmark channel, travel channel, I find the Gaither Homecoming Concert channel. (Stay with me now) I begin watching. I grew up with these people. They were my social outlet, and I just knew one day I would jump on one of those buses and live my dream. But you know the rest of that story!

This program featured the music of Dottie Rambo. I went back in time with each song but the last song was an aaha memory. Sandi Patty took the mic and begin to sing the song "We Shall Behold Him". I remember when it first came out, it was not accepted in my circle. It was considered to be song by a Matthew Redman type of my day. I had to sneak and listen to Sandi Patti and defend her music. This song was the first to whet my interest in this worship thing. Just remember the song about the day we will Behold Him! It didn't talk about the long hard journey that I had or how much I had to give up to see Him nor how great Heaven would be. It was just about the day when face to face I would see Him. Over the next 20+ the Lord and I would begin a love relationship based completely on Who He IS, not who I am!

Here is the actual clip I watched today. The song was written around 1983 and this clip is from 2004. It takes us all a while but we finally get it. It's not about me but it's all about Him. Oh the day when We Shall Behold Him!

1 comment:

  1. This is a God-vision you have brought home to ALL of us! You fought the battle to teach us about worship, how to worship, and built a road that would revolutionize our worship as a corporate body and as a group of "commuting" (in the car) worshipers. God gave you this difficult task and with His help, you taught us all about your given vision for worship. Thank you for your determination!

    ReplyDelete